Friday, October 9, 2015

Butterfly and Turk's Cap complete


This is the quilt I made in September 2015. It began as a photo I took several years ago. I thought it would make a good subject for a pictorial quilt, but was stalled when it came to the execution. I started this in early September and finished it on the last day of the month.

Often the hardest part of making a pictorial quilt is deciding on the subject and taking those first steps. This went together without too much difficulty once I got started. Of course there are always things one might do differently but that is the nature of art and of craft. We are always learning.

I am very happy with the end result.

Note: I tend to call these flowers tiger lilies but I believe they are known as Turk's Cap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment