Monday, January 6, 2014

Why a Craft Blog?

Certainly there are plenty of craft bogs out there. Here's another. I wanted to start this blog as an easy was to store some photos and make them accessible.

I knit,  I sew, I quilt, I teach. So here's my craft blog. I will not be posting every day, but it this is a good way to track Works in Progress.

So what's on/under the needles today?

Knitting:
I am making some clogs. They will be felted. I'm feeling a little intimidated, because I have not felted anything except by accident. Here is a clog in progress. 

 
Everything looks OK, right?

That is until you see how a clog looks compared to an actual well-fitting sock:


Hence, my trepidation. Will they felt down enough to fit my feet? Stay tuned. I have another clog and two additional soles to complete before I find out if this will work.

I am also working on one lace scarf, two stalled shawls and various socks. But those are posts for another day.



No comments:

Post a Comment